Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thus Far

So today I put together some personal commandments and resolutions for my project. They're all subject to change, of course (what isn't?) but this is what I've gotten so far:

My 9 Commandments:
1) Be Tara
2) Treat others the way I want to be treated
3) Listen to my heart
4) Follow my passion
5) Look within myself for divinity
6) Create
7) Bless everything
8) Act the way I want to feel
9) Be aware

I came up with various resolutions too. Some are perhaps a little different but, hey, it's a start!
1) Exercise at least 15 minutes every day
2) Meditate at least 10 minutes a day
3) Follow through on plans
4) Write at least 400 words a day on my book
5) Eat more fruits and vegetables
6) Cook one new recipe a week
7) Be more adventurous
8) Volunteer
9) Join a social group
10) Listen
11) Engage in conversations
12) Join the UU church
13) Honor the sabbats
14) Abolish clutter
15) Hike in the mountains at least once a month
16) Walk the dogs
17) Plant and tend a successful garden
18) Use natural beauty and cleaning products
19) Fix my hair in the morning
20) Update my wardrobe
21) Pay off debt
22) Completely plan my wedding
23) Remember birthdays (mail cards and presents on time
24) Decorate the house (interior)
25) Always clean up after messes
26) Laugh more often
27) Take time to play
28) Establish holiday and seasonal traditions
29) Look for joy
30) Forgive
31) Let go
32) Spend more time outdoors
33) Expand reading
34) Work on a blog
35) Gratitude
36) Play new games
37) Buy a bicycle
38) Discover my true self
39) Take time for myself

Well, here's to the start of things! Now to put these resolutions and this happiness project into action!

No comments:

Post a Comment