Sunday, October 2, 2011

My New 13 Personal Commandments

I know that when I first finished The Happiness Project that I came up with personal commandments, much like the author Gretchen Rubin did. The last few days of this week, in my free time, I made a list of things I could do to bring more happiness to my life. I figured that although I'd written down some resolutions, this exercise would help me finalize them. It did! Not only that, it helped me come up with a new 13 personal commandments (also known as rules to live life by).

1) Remember to say "Thank you"
2) Remember to breathe
3) Treat others with fairness and respect
4) Look within myself
5) Ask for help
6) Follow my passions
7) Open heart, open mind
8) Live in the moment
9) Choose my words carefully
10) Listen
11) Keep the faith
12) Live life to the fullest
13) Be happy

I typed these commandments up and printed them out. One I keep at my desk at work. The other I'm going to put up on my vision board (a useful visualization tool that I picked up from The Secret).

I think I'm going to do something similar to what Gretchen Rubin did and focus on a specific idea every month. For her first month, she did "Vitality" and "Energy". I'll make October my first month and I think I'll start with "Energy" as well. Now just to figure out the resolutions I want to focus on this month in my own happiness project.

Happy October, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment